Our Indigenous Broadcast Team presents Koori Shout-out each Tuesday night from 6.00 - 8.00pm with three on air presenters - Anna Williams, Pauline Ugle and Anne Conway (Team Leader). We are also assisted in various ways by Sue Tuitupou and Bill Whitbread.
Finalists in the category are;
- Andrea Myers 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Fitzroy and Law and Order (Wangki Radio, Fitzroy Crossing, WA)
- Chris Crebbin and Victor Weetra (Radio Adelaide, Adelaide, SA)Carnarvon Lock Hospital Centennial (Ngaarda Media, Roebourne, WA)
- Gurraŋay Matha on Radio (Yolŋu Radio, Darwin, NT)
- Koori Shout-Out - Phoenix FM (106.7 Phoenix FM, Bendigo, VIC)Excellence in Indigenous Engagement
- Wangki Radio 936 AM, Fitzroy Crossing, WA
Given that most if not all of these other finalists are Indigenous Community Radio Stations with Indigenous paid staff we have done very well. Phoenix FM did win this award in 2010 and 2012 but the competition now is fierce and the standard in all categories are very high so we are very pleased with ourselves.
Phoenix FM was featured by The Bendigo Advertiser in two stories on 21/09/2019 and can be seen online - https://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/6396001/bringing-diversity-to-the-airwaves/